Careers & Internships
WITF, a multimedia company and a destination, is one of the country’s top-performing and most entrepreneurial public broadcasting organizations, serves the 41st largest media market.
The company comprises public broadcasting stations WITF TV, WITF FM, Pennsylvania Public Radio, WITF.org, WITF Educational Services and Media Solutions.
Serving the beautiful and historic Susquehanna Valley in central Pennsylvania (with easy access from Routes 283, 83, 81 and the Pa. Turnpike)-offering a reasonable cost of living. WITF is located just one and one half hours from Baltimore, two hours from Washington and Philadelphia, and three hours from New York City.
If you are involved in a community group that would like to be notified of current job opportunities, please call (717) 704-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply using the links below or download our Application for Employment and send it to the Public Media Center. All applications and resumes are kept on file for one year from when they are received.
Learn about WITF’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Current Open Positions
Digital Product Manager
WITF seeks a Digital Product Manager to join our growing team and help build the next generation of our digital products. The candidate will work with the Director of Digital Services & Strategy and other internal stakeholders to develop and manage the product roadmap and lifecycles to include strategy, requirements definition, design, user testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Partner with stakeholders across Content, Marketing, Development, and Underwriting to define product requirements.
- Collect, analyze, and communicate lessons learned from a variety of digital analytics to help inform other decision-makers.
- Write product specifications and identify KPIs for features and products.
- Partner with the design team to build wireframes and prototypes of new products and features.
- Lead ongoing maintenance of our various digital properties via an agile continuous enhancement process.
- Help test and deploy platform and plugin updates.
- Conduct hands-on quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing.
- Manage user account provisioning, role assignments, and other aspects of operational security.
- Monitor the technical quality of our websites. Implement and maintain title tags, meta tags, and URL redirects. Adjust for 404 errors. Monitor Google Search Console and similar webmaster tools.
- Utilize tools and techniques to maximize traffic to a website by improving page rank within search engines. Design and execute tests to measure and improve page load times, responsiveness, accessibility, usability, etc.
- Provide supplemental technical support, documentation, and training to internal product users.
- Maintain a regular and consistent schedule of required maintenance tasks and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree and/or two-years experience working in a web publishing and/or development environment. Experience with Content Management Systems and digital analytics is required. Familiarity with web design/UI/UX/development preferred. Prior exposure to WordPress, agile project management, or the public media landscape are all bonus. Founded in 1964, WITF is Central Pa’s public media affiliate broadcasting PBS, NPR, and original programming on television and radio. WITF was founded to be an educational resource to our community, and we continue to do so by providing trusted journalism, thoughtful discussion, and educational experiences through our media and community outreach. We offer full time staff medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and a generous time off package on day one. WITF is an EOE and strives to have a staff that mirrors the community we serve. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
WITF is seeking a creative and talented writer to become our next Communications Specialist. This individual will be responsible writing internal and external messaging on a variety of mediums to boost community engagement for WITF. The Communications Specialist will also collaborate with other staff members to write and create social media posts, press releases, speeches, and other forms of external communication.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in a communications or public relations position or an equivalent amount of education or experience. A record of exceptional writing in a variety of situations is a must.
Founded in 1964, WITF is Central Pa’s public media affiliate broadcasting PBS, NPR, and original programming on television and radio. WITF was founded to be an educational resource to our community, and we continue to do so by providing trusted journalism, thoughtful discussion, and educational experiences through our media and community outreach. We offer full time staff medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and a generous time off package on day one. WITF is an EOE and strives to have a staff that mirrors the community we serve. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Production Crew — Part Time
WITF is seeking energetic, talented, and creative television professionals to operate cameras, audio, lighting, teleprompter and other production equipment during live & taped programs in studio and on location as well as design, construct and light sets, on as needed basis. Previous TV experience preferred. This is a Part Time entry level position. WITF offers part time employees vacation and sick leave along with a fun and engaging atmosphere. Are you a dependable, team players with a willingness to learn? Apply today to join our production team! WITF is an EOE.
Current Internship Positions
WITF offers resume-building, academic experience to college students across a variety of disciplines. While our internships are unpaid, interns using their internship for academic credit have the opportunity to apply for a stipend through the Chronister Internship Endowment.
CLICK HERE to view our most up to date list of internship openings for the upcoming semester.