News & Brews at Cornerstone
Join WITF staff to hear about what’s new in the newsroom — and to be part of the process as we create new ways to reach central Pennsylvanians with news and information.
News and Brews at Cornerstone
2.28.23 | 4:00-6:00pm
2133 Market St. Camp Hill, PA
Only 24 spots available so RSVP to reserve your seat today!
First, we’ll talk briefly about:
- The citizen’s agenda: An effort to center people, not politicians, in election coverage.
- Our new daily podcast (coming soon): In 10 minute or less each morning, hear news & voices from across central Pa. to get you up to date.
- Our new weekly newsletter: A look behind the scenes at our journalism, bringing you closer to the work we do.
- Mis- and disinformation coverage: What tools do you want or need to help navigate an ocean of news and find trustworthy sources and reliable facts?
Then we’ll do speed-dating: You’ll get 10 minutes with each reporter and editor to talk more about those efforts, or any journalism or news issues that are on your mind. We think getting to know you better will help make our journalism more responsive to what you care about.
Staffers scheduled to be there are:
- Scott Blanchard, director of journalism
- Randy Parker, news director/All Things Considered Host
- Gabriela Martinez, Latino issues reporter
- Rachel McDevitt, climate and energy reporter
- Jeremy Long, digital producer
This event is part of WITF’s participation in America Amplified, a national project dedicated to helping public media organizations better serve audiences through community engagement and listening.