Charity Kennedy Bixler / WITF
Teacher Impact Awards
Honoring teachers who make a lasting impression
You can probably think of at least one teacher who made a lasting impact on your life. That teacher likely taught beyond the curriculum – maybe they cheered you when you needed it most, inspired you to go after your dreams, or encouraged you to do something you didn’t think you could do.
Join us as we travel to seven Central Pennsylvania counties and honor seven teachers who are passionate about what they do and making a difference in the lives of their students.
The seven teachers featured in the program are the honorees of WITF and Rotary District 7390’s 2022 Teacher Impact Awards. These teachers work in the Rotary’s seven-county district area and were nominated by their students, students’ parents, colleagues and administrators.
This year’s honored teachers, who were chosen by a committee of Rotary members and WITF staff, are:
- Jonathan Makowski, High School English and Journalism teacher for Conewago Valley School District
- Diane Root, 5th grade ELA, Math and Social Studies teacher for Shippensburg Area School District
- Michael Bricker, High School Drawing, Painting and Photography teachers for Central Dauphin School District
- Tammy Sweeney, US History, AP World and IB CAS Coordinator for Manheim Township School District
- Sabrina Ramirez, Kindergarten-5th grade STEM teacher for Lebanon School District
- Rosario Eppley, High School Spanish Language and Culture teacher for Susquenita School District
- Matt Robinson, High School Business teacher for Dallastown Area School District