All the election results in one place
- In the most expensive Senate race ever, incumbent Republican Pat Toomey defeated Katie McGinty.
- It was a win for the Democrats here. WITF’s Katie Meyer covered this race.
- Democrats also took this race: Auditor General Eugene DePasquale wins another term.
- Democrat Joe Torsella beats Republican Otto Voit.
4th district (in the midstate: Adams, and parts of Cumberland, Dauphin and York counties)
- Incumbent Republican Scott Perry topped his challenger Josh Burkholder.
6th district (central Berks and northeastern Lebanon counties)
What was the campaign about? Little discussion of issues in race
- Republican Ryan Costello got a win over Democrat Mike Parrish
7th district (eastern Lancaster County, and southeastern Berks County)
- Republican Patrick Meehan beat Democrat Mary Ellen Balchunis for the second straight election.
9th district (Franklin, and Huntingdon counties)
This was one of the wildest races in recent history. Here’s why.
- Republican Bill Shuster easily slid by Tea Party Republican Art Halvorson, who was running on the Democratic line after losing to Shuster in the Republican primary
10th district (Juniata, Mifflin, Snyder, and Union counties, plus parts of Perry and Northumberland counties)
- Republican Tom Marino cruised past Democrat Mike Molesevitch.
11th district (parts of Cumberland, Dauphin, Perry and Luzerne counties)
- Republican Lou Barletta beat Democrat Mike Marsicano.
15th district (parts of Berks, Dauphin and Lebanon counties)
- Republican Charlie Dent got a win over Democrat Rick Daugherty.
16th district (most of Lancaster County, parts of Berks and Chester counties)
WITF’s Marie Cusick looked at the race, that was more competitive than many predicted.
- Republican Lloyd Smucker topped Democrat Christina Hartman. WITF’s Marie Cusick covered this race.
17th district (Schuylkill County)
- Democrat Matt Cartwright narrowly beat Republican Matt Connolly.
State Senate races of note
15th district (Dauphin, Perry counties)
- Republican John DiSanto topped Democrat Rob Teplitz, and WITF’s Emily Previti has the story.
31st district (parts of Cumberland and York counties)
- Republican Mike Regan soundly defeated challengers and won this seat, after topping a number of Republicans in a hard-fought primary after Republican state Senator Pat Vance announced she was retiring.
State House races of note
92nd district (Cumberland County)
- This seat is currently held by Republican Representative Mike Regan, who is vacating it to run for state Senate (he won that race tonight). Republican Dawn Keefer won the race here.
95th district (York city)
- This seat is currently held by Democrat Representative Kevin Schreiber, who is leaving for a job with the York County Economic Alliance. Democrat Carol Hill Evans captured the seat.
101st district (Lebanon County)
- Longtime Republican state Representative Mauree Gingrich is not running for re-election, but the district is staying red, as Republican Francis Ryan topped Democrat Lorraine Scudder.
106th district (Dauphin County)
- Republican Representative John Payne is leaving the job at the end of his term. Republican Thomas Mehaffie is the winner, as he ran unopposed.