Fred Vigeant, Director of Programming and Promotions for TV and Radio
Mar 12, 2014 12:36 PM
Reveal is a new investigative program from The Center for Investigative Reporting and PRX. We've heard the news, but we want to know what really happened. That’s what Reveal is all about: finding out what’s going on behind the scenes, hidden from public view. witf will broadcast the second pilot of this new program on Sunday March 23 at 7:00pm. Inside this episode:
- An investigation by WBEZ/Chicago and The Chicago Reader exploring the path heroin takes from Ciudad Juarez to Chicago and across the midwest, where it supplies dealers, addicts and teens. This timely investigation is Reveal’s first collaboration with a station and we are very pleased with the results.
- A look at the solitary confinement of teens, many of whom are unconvicted, at Rikers Island in NYC.
- We check-in on the impact of the opiate prescription story CIR broke on the first Reveal pilot and the over prescription practices of the VA. What’s happened in the wake of a congressional hearing held within a week of that broadcast?
- We look at the questionable relationship between Hollywood film productions and the American Humane Association on protecting animals on film sets. The Hollywood Reporter produced a powerful examination of the topic and we talk with the writer who went after the story.
- And we hear from a female farmworker on her experiences after she came forward to speak about the sexual abuse in the fields.
Join us for the broadcast of the pilot for Reveal. We want to know what you think. Comment below in this post with your thoughts and suggestions. More information about Reveal is available at their website.
Tagged under abuse, american human association, animals, fm, heroin, investigation, prescription drugs, special
back to top