Join us for some holiday specials on witf 89.5 and 93.3 on November 28:
- 9:00am – 10:00am – Storycorps: Ties that Bind - Celebrate StoryCorps' first decade with a special retrospective hosted by NPR's Scott Simon and StoryCorps founder Dave Isay.
- 10:00am – 11:00am – Giving Thanks - Whether your listeners are early in the kitchen, on the road to a family gathering, or relaxing after the feast, Giving Thanks provides the perfect atmosphere for Thanksgiving: the warmth of great music, and truly memorable words. Note: An extended version of this program airs in place of Centerstage Saturday Nov. 30.
- 11:00am – 1:00pm – Splendid Table: Turkey Confidential - On Thursday, November 28, help is on the way for Thanksgiving cooks, kitchen helpers and dinner guests on this, the biggest cooking day of the year. Lynne Rossetto Kasper, award-winning host of public radio's national food show The Splendid Table, will be available to answer listener questions throughout the live, two-hour program. Quickly becoming a Thanksgiving morning tradition, past shows have included everything from a cross-country trucker cooking his Thanksgiving dinner on the manifold to a panicked first-time cook who didn't realize a turkey needs to be thawed. Lynne handles all questions with wit, expertise and laughter. More information...
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Thanksgiving with Cantus - Cantus is one of the premiere men’s vocal ensembles, and with Alison Young, talk about the holiday, music and food.
- Giving Thanks and Thanksgiving with Cantus will repeat in the evening beginning at 8:00pm
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm – Candles Burning Brightly - A one-hour celebration of Chanukah, the Jewish Festival of Lights with an exploration of Chanukah foods and traditional activities … and plenty of music.
- 8:00pm - 10:00pm - Giving Thanks and Thanksgiving with Cantus repeat on witf.
Please note Here and Now (which normally airs 12:00pm-2:00pm) airs 1:00pm-3:00pm today only
The Diane Rehm Show, To The Best of Our Knowledge, Fresh Air, and Smart Talk are preempted today.