This week on witf TV:
Sunday at 9:00pm - Masterpiece Classic returns with the premiere of The Paradise. Follow country girl Denise as she makes her way working at a glittering big-city department store. Can her ingenuity save the day when she's faced with her first challenges as a shop girl?
- Monday at 10:00pm - POV: Brooklyn Castle - Follow five members of a champion chess team from a below-the-poverty-line junior high in Brooklyn.
- Tuesday at 9:00pm - Frontline: League of Denial - The NFL is under assault as thousands of former players and a host of scientists claim the league has covered up how football inflicted long-term brain injuries on many players. In this special investigation, prize-winning journalists Steve Fainaru and Mark Fainaru-Wada reveal the hidden story of the NFL and brain injuries.
Wednesday at 9:00pm - NOVA: Inside the Megastorm - In October 2012, superstorm Sandy cut a path of devastation across the Caribbean and the East Coast, killing hundreds and doing tens of billions of dollars in damage. NOVA examines the role of global warming in driving these rising seas, and looks at some of the latest extraordinary engineering employed in other areas, as well as what it may take to make cities like New York more resilient in the future.
- Thursday at 8:00pm - Smart Talk - From politics to economy, from health care to the environment, witf's Smart Talk covers the issues and ideas that matter to you. It's never been easier to discover and share the news and information of your world and ours.
- Friday at 9:00pm - The Hollow Crown: Henry V - Follow the action as England prepares for war and Henry rallies his forces for battle at Agincourt.
- Saturday at 9:00pm - Doc Martin - As we close in the conclusion of season 3, Portwenn is buzzing with the news of the engagement of Dr. Martin Ellingham and Headmistress Louisa Glasson.
witf introduces you to a new series Death in Paradise. Richard Poole is sent to the tropical isle of Saint-Marie following the death of a fellow British detective in the locked panic room of a resident English aristocrat's house. Poole must try to solve the case, despite problems of sun, sand and lost luggage. Death in Paradise season 1 will broadcast Sunday nights on witf beginning October 13 at 10:00pm, with a repeat the following Thursday at 10:00pm following Doc Martin.