- In case you missed it on Thursday, catch an encore of Smart Talk's final episode Sunday at 7:00pm
- Monday we'll have two hours of Antiques Roadshow from Miami Beach beginning at 8:00pm
- Tuesday on The Many Rivers to Cross explore the global experiences that created the African-American people. The episode portrays the earliest Africans, slave and free, who arrived on these shores. The transatlantic slave trade would soon become a vast empire connecting three continents.
- We'll be making stuff wilder on Wednesday. What happens when engineers open up nature's toolbox? Explore bold innovations inspired by the Earth's greatest inventor, life itself. Find out on NOVA: Making Stuff Wednesday at 9:00pm.
- Death in Paradise continues Thursday at 10:00pm. Now stuck in the Caribbean, DI Poole investigates the murder of a bride shot through the heart with a spear on her wedding day.
- Witness the backstage challenges of mounting two issue-driven plays simultaneously in the performance documentary, The Raisin Cycle part of PBS Fall Arts Festival Friday at 9:00pm.
- The long wait is over on Saturday with the beginning of Season 4 of Doc Martin on witf. Catch up with Doc Martin at 9:00pm, with a repeat the following Thursday at 9:00pm.
On Sunday, October 30, 1938, the night before Halloween, millions of Americans gathered around their radios and heard a news bulletin about strange explosions on Mars, followed by other reports that led them to believe an alien invasion was in progress. Relive the thrill of Orson Welles' infamous radio dramatization of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds, 75 years after it set off one of the biggest mass hysteria events in U.S. history. The film examines the elements that made America ripe for the hoax: American's longtime fascination with life on Mars; the emergence of radio as a powerful new medium; the shocking Hindenburg explosion of 1937; and Welles himself, the 23-year-old wunderkind director of the drama and mischief-maker supreme. Join us for American Experience: War of the Worlds Tuesday October 29 at 9:00pm on witf.