witf Program Points - Sept. 1
Fred Vigeant, Director of Programming and Promotions for TV and Radio
Aug 29, 2013 8:45 AM
This week's TV highlights:
- Tuesday at 8pm, we feature Bloom that provides an honest assessment of the root causes of eutrophication and nutrient runoff throughout our landscapes, and a showcase of innovative solutions.
- On Friday join Steve Martin to explore the roots of American music through its quintessential musical instrument, the banjo.
- We continue to catch up Saturday with Downton Abbey, Season 2, as Downton is turned into a convalescent home.
Check out expanded details of this week's picks...
- For a wacky and whip-smart look at the week's news, listen no further than Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!. Compete by identifying impersonations, filling in the blanks at lightning speed, sniffing out fake news items, and deciphering limericks. Who knew listening can be so much fun?! Listen Saturdays at 11:00am and Sundays at 1:00pm on witf.
- Last Friday Radio Smart Talk invited a few cigar box guitarists into the studio. Check out these extended jam session videos.
Save the Date:
- Downton Abbey season 4 is coming soon. Sure, we have all of fall to get through, but the premier of Downton Abbey season 4 is not as far off as you think. The new season begins on witf January 5.
- Since you had so much fun watching the preview of episode one with all of your closest friends from witf, we'll be doing that again this January. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
Tagged under fm, program points, programming, september, tv
back to top