Welcome to August! Here are some TV highlights ahead:
- Throughout the week we'll feature a number of concerts with an opportunity to support witf programming and get tickets:
- Sunday and Friday - Straight No Chaser
- Monday - 2Cellos
- Wednesday - Celtic Thunder Mythology
- witf also presents retrospectives of Foyle's War and Downton Abbey with opportunities to support witf programming and be thanked with sets of DVDs, including an offer to preorder season four of Downton Abbey.
Check out expanded details of this week's picks...
View the complete TV schedule...
On the radio:
- The Race Card Project gather conversations about race and cultural identity. This August, Morning Edition features segments on Wednesdays giving the backstory of people who participated in the March on Washington in 1963. More details...
- Next week on witf's Radio Smart Talk: Adoption of older kids and why it’s a challenge, a woman who thinks the Holocaust should be taught as part of Pennsylvania’s public school curriculum, and the LBGT history project in Central PA. Hear recent programs...
- The Affordable Care Act was passed in March of 2010. Yet, two years later, 41% of Americans said they are confused by the law. Share your questions and panel of experts will answer them at a public forum this fall.
- Calling all moms and dads with school-aged kids! We are seeking your advice, tips, and tricks for creating healthy lunches… that kids actually eat! Share your secrets here.
Save the Date:
- Mark your calendars for the return of Downton Abbey. The new season begins on January 5.
- While you are waiting for the new episodes, enjoy a recap with Downton Abbey Revisited on August 4 at 6:30pm. Then, witf will broadcast season 2 and 3 Saturday nights beginning August 31 at 10:00pm.