witf TV Picks July 7 - July 13
Fred Vigeant, Director of Programming and Promotions for TV and Radio
Jul 3, 2013 9:50 AM
Coming up this week:
- Sunday July 7 - 9:00pm - Masterpiece Mystery! Endeavor - Learn if Morse's future on the force is in jeopardy. More information about the Endeavor series...
- Monday July 8 - 10:00pm - Herman's House - Venture inside the relationship of a solitary confinement prisoner and an artist who befriended him.
- Tuesday July 9 - 8:00pm - Lewis and Clark - Learn the challenges, frustrations and anxiety that faced the Corps of Discovery -- their encounters with Native Americans, the new animals and plant life they discovered, their historic pairing with Sacagawea, and their crossing of the Continental Divide.
- Wednesday July 10 - 9:00pm - Secrets of the Dead - Follow scientists and Egyptologists who build the ultimate picture of Tutankhamen.
- Thursday July 11- 8:00pm - Broadway or Bust - Follow 60 young performers as they’re coached by Broadway talent and prepare their solos for competition. Part 1 of 3.
- Friday July 12 - 9:00pm - The Doors: When You're Strange - The first feature documentary to tell the Doors' story uses only original footage, much of it previously unseen. Johnny Depp narrates.
- Saturday July 13 - 8:30pm - Ladies of Letters - Enjoy the series premier comedy/drama about two very different widows who forge a friendship through letters.
Coming up soon:
- We'll get a behind-the-scenes look at the Shaw Festival, one of North America's longest-running, most distinctive and exciting theater experiences. With unprecedented access, the program captures the Shaw's unique approach to theater and the treasure of the Shaw's repertory acting company. In following the process of getting the play from the page to the stage, the film provides insights into every aspect of theater production. Between April and October, the Shaw Festival presents 11 plays on four stages that attract patrons from all over the world. What sets Shaw apart is its unique scheduling and its celebrated ensemble company. Watch Behind the Curtain at the Shaw Festival Friday July 19 at 9:00pm on witf TV.
Tagged under britcom, broadway, highlights, pbs, the doors, tv
back to top
You may also be interested in...