witf TV Picks June 30 - July 6
Fred Vigeant, Director of Programming and Promotions for TV and Radio
Jun 25, 2013 3:50 PM
witf continues our encore presentation of Ken Burns The Civil War Sunday afternoons at 3:30pm. You can catch the final two episodes in the 5-part series on June 30 and July 7.
- Sunday June 30 - 8:00pm - Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace - Enter the ultimate pleasure palace, Hampton Court, for a wealth of art and stories.
- Monday July 1 - 8:00pm - Vintage Antiques Roadshow - Learn the current value of items appraised 15 years ago in Milwaukee.
- Tuesday July 2 - 8:00pm - The Statue of Liberty - Revisit Ken Burns' history of the Statue of Liberty and what she represents to all Americans.
- Wednesday July 3 - 8:00pm - Nature - Revel in the resurgence of the bald eagle, the American emblem that’s come roaring back from the brink of extinction.
- Thursday July 4 - 8:00pm - A Capitol Fourth - Broadcast live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol, the biggest and brightest birthday party in the country will also feature performances by Candice Glover, the Season 12 winner of “American Idol”; country music artist Scotty McCreery (winner of “American Idol”); actor and singer Darren Criss (“Glee”); musical prodigy and classical crossover star Jackie Evancho; Broadway and television star Megan Hilty (“Smash”); Broadway’s new hit Motown The Musical; and five-time Academy Award-winner John Williams conducting music from the Oscar-winning blockbuster Lincoln; with the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly.
- Friday July 5 - 9:00pm - Doc Martin - As we conclude Season 3, watch a race against time for Doc Martin to get to his wedding on time.
- Saturday July 6 - 9:00pm - Masterpiece Contemporary: Song of Lunch - Eavesdrop on two ex-lovers who meet for lunch at their favorite haunt from years before. Will sparks reignite?
- Lewis and Clark - The Journey of the Corps of Discovery - This Ken Burns documentary chronicles the challenges, frustrations and anxiety that faced the Corps of Discovery -- their encounters with Native Americans, the new animals and plant life they discovered, their historic pairing with Sacagawea, and their crossing of the Continental Divide. Part one airs July 9 at 8:00pm, with part two the following Tuesday.
Tagged under highlights, program points, tv
back to top