News

Carbon monoxide leak in southwest Pa. kills 1, sends others to hospital

Written by The Associated Press | Jan 7, 2019 1:25 PM
Fire truck istock.jpg

(Harrisburg) -- Officials in western Pennsylvania say a carbon monoxide leak in a multiple family home has left a man dead and several people hospitalized.

Police were called to the home in Canonsburg, south of Pittsburgh, just after 7 a.m. Monday. Officers responding reported a strong odor of natural gas and called the fire department.

When crews went inside, they found the man inside a basement apartment. Occupants in two other apartments were treated at a hospital for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Washington County coroner says the man died of suspected accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

On Saturday, a carbon monoxide leak at a duplex in Harrisburg left multiple people hospitalized.

They're expected to recover.

Published in News

Tagged under , , ,

back to top