7-month-old girl dies from injuries suffered in Adams County house fire

Written by Kaitlin Greenockle/The Hanover Evening Sun | Nov 7, 2018 10:56 AM
Adams County house fire.jpg

Firefighters work at the scene of a second-alarm heavily engulfed house fire with entrapment on the 800 block of Two Taverns Road, Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018, in Mount Pleasant Township. Firefighters rescued a young child from the second floor of the house while facing heavy wind-driven fire, said United Hook and Ladder Chief Steve Rabine. (Harrison Jones/For The Evening Sun)

 A 7-month-old girl injured in a house fire in Adams County on Saturday died on Monday as a result of those injuries.

Reese Frock died at Lehigh Valley Hospital, Cedar Crest, at 2:52 p.m., according to a news release from Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim.

Frock's cause of death was heat and smoke inhalation. Her manner of death is pending the completion of the Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal's investigation.

Fire crews responded to a call for fire with entrapment at about 3:15 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of Two Taverns Road, Mount Pleasant Township, Adams County.

When they arrived, family members were trying to find the missing child, and firefighters focused on search and rescue while trying to fight back flames.

Crews pulled Frock from the second-floor back window of the home about 15 minutes into the call, United Hood and Ladder Fire Chief Steve Rabine said.

The fire appeared to have started in the garage, but flames fanned by heavy winds quickly engulfed the home. 

As of Monday, the fire marshal said it was being investigated as an accidental fire.

This story comes to us through a partnership between WITF and The Hanover Evening Sun

Published in Adams County, News

Tagged under , , ,

back to top