News

Families of four murdered men in Pa. sue suspect's parents

Written by The Associated Press | Mar 5, 2018 5:14 PM
bucks_county_missing_men_cosmo_dinardo.jpg

A law enforcement official escorts Cosmo DiNardo to a vehicle Thursday, July 13, 2017, in Doylestown, Pa. Lawyer Paul Lang, a defense attorney for DiNardo, said Thursday that his client has admitted killing the four men who went missing last week and told authorities the location of the bodies. Lang says prosecutors agreed to take the death penalty off the table in return for DiNardo's cooperation. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)


(Philadelphia) -- The families of all four young men killed and buried on an eastern Pennsylvania farm are now suing the parents of the man who confessed in the killings.

Lawsuits filed Monday by families of three of the victims allege that Cosmo DiNardo's parents should have stopped their son from having access to guns since he was barred from possessing firearms due to an involuntary commitment to a mental health facility. The family of the fourth victim filed a similar lawsuit in December

A lawyer representing Antonio and Sandra DiNardo was out of the country and unavailable for comment.

Cosmo DiNardo's attorney, who didn't immediately return a message, has said he confessed to the July killings to be spared capital punishment. Prosecutors say they're "on track" to reach a deal with him.

Published in News

Tagged under , , , ,

back to top

Give Now

Estate Planning

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »

Smart Talk

National Edward R. Murrow Awards

DuPont Columbia Awards

Support Local Journalism

Latest News from NPR

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »