Suit blames parents of man accused of killing, burying 4

Written by The Associated Press | Dec 20, 2017 2:13 PM

A law enforcement official escorts Cosmo DiNardo to a vehicle Thursday, July 13, 2017, in Doylestown, Pa. Lawyer Paul Lang, a defense attorney for DiNardo, said Thursday that his client has admitted killing the four men who went missing last week and told authorities the location of the bodies. Lang says prosecutors agreed to take the death penalty off the table in return for DiNardo's cooperation. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

(Philadelphia) -- The family of one of the men found shot and buried on an eastern Pennsylvania farm is blaming the parents of one of the killers, alleging they let their mentally ill son have access to guns.
The claim is in a wrongful death lawsuit filed Tuesday in Philadelphia by the parents of Mark Sturgis.

Cousins Cosmo DiNardo and Sean Kratz pleaded not guilty last week to multiple charges of murder and corpse abuse in the July killings.

Tuesday's suit names the two cousins, as well as Sandra and Antonio DiNardo. It claims the parents knew their son had mental health issues and violent tendencies but didn't prevent him from getting access to a gun.

An attorney for DiNardo's parents tells the Philadelphia Inquirer they did "everything humanly possible" to help their son.

Tagged under , , , , , , ,

back to top

Give Now

Estate Planning

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »

Smart Talk

National Edward R. Murrow Awards

DuPont Columbia Awards

Support Local Journalism

Latest News from NPR

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »