News

2 hospitalized for chlorine inhalation after midstate hotel fire

Written by The Associated Press | Aug 7, 2017 2:03 AM
fire_line2.jpg

(Lancaster) -- Authorities say two Lancaster County hotel employees were hospitalized for treatment of chlorine inhalation after an indoor pool building caught fire over the weekend.

Fire and emergency crews were called to the Continental Inn in East Lampeter Township shortly before 4:30 p.m. Saturday after fire broke out in the building behind the main hotel.

Chief Scott Hershey of the Lafayette Fire Company says after crews knocked the fire down, they realized that the flames had "compromised some chlorine containers."

There was no immediate word about the condition of the two employees. Damage from the fire was estimated at about $250,000.

The cause is under investigation.

Published in News

Tagged under , , , , ,

back to top

Give Now

Estate Planning

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »

Smart Talk

National Edward R. Murrow Awards

DuPont Columbia Awards

Support Local Journalism

Latest News from NPR

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »