News

Carbon monoxide exposure hospitalizes seven in Lancaster County

Written by The Associated Press | Mar 16, 2015 1:48 AM
carbon_monoxide.jpg

Photo by Courtesy of Lancaster Township Fire Department

Lancaster Township Fire Department posted this photo on its Facebook page of crews responding to a incident of carbon monoxide exposure Sunday Morning.

(Lancaster) -- Authorities in Lancaster County say exposure to carbon monoxide sent seven people to the hospital, two of them in critical condition. 

Emergency responders were sent just before 5:00 a.m. Sunday to a home in Lancaster Township. 

The township fire department said in a post on its Facebook page that an odor of gas and high carbon monoxide levels were found throughout the residence. 

Officials didn't cite a cause, but the post included a photo of a disconnected flue pipe. 

The department said the incident highlights the importance of not only having carbon monoxide detectors as well as smoke detectors in a home. 

Published in News

Tagged under , , , , , ,

back to top

Post a comment

Give Now

Estate Planning

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »

Smart Talk

National Edward R. Murrow Awards

DuPont Columbia Awards

Support Local Journalism

Latest News from NPR

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »