(Gordonville) -- A woodworking business in Lancaster County is a total loss after a devastating two-alarm fire.
The blaze broke out shortly after 9 o'clock this morning at J&J Woodworks in Leacock Township.
Dozens of firefighters fought to bring the blaze under control about 90 minutes later.
Officials say the fire was accidentally caused by a spark from welding or grinding maintenance work in the diesel room of J&J, a wholesale furniture manufacturer.
Intercourse Fire Chief Steve Diener said there were only three or four workers in the building when the fire broke and they escaped without injury.
He said other employees were away hunting.
Deer season in Pennsylvania started Monday.
Published in Newsback to top
Support for WITF is provided by:
Support for witf is provided by: