(Lancaster) -- Police say no charges will be filed in the shooting death of a midstate teenager during a confrontation earlier this year.
Lancaster County's district attorney has decided that the shooting death of 17-year-old David Montes was justifiable homicide.
District Attorney Craig Stedman said Friday that the shooter was confronted by several people who came to his Lancaster home Feb. 13 over a dispute involving money and assaulted him, threatened him at gunpoint and fired at least one shot at him as he stood in the doorway of his home.
Stedman said the resident drew a gun of his own and fired twice as he retreated back into his house, hitting Montes, who died at Lancaster General Hospital.
Support for WITF is provided by:
Support for witf is provided by: