(Philadelphia) -- Attorneys for at least four people suing over the collapse of a downtown Philadelphia building that killed six people last week are condemning the demolition work after surveying the site.
Lawyers and consultants walked gingerly on piles of debris Sunday as others on a hoist far above scanned the site where a four-story building collapsed onto an attached thrift store Wednesday.
Attorney Robert Mongeluzzi says he believes the building should have been demolished by hand rather than using heavy equipment.
His clients are suing the property owner and contractor.
An attorney for property owner Richard Basciano and STB Investments declined to comment.
A mailbox on a cellphone for contractor Griffin Campbell was full, and a woman answering his home phone said he wasn't in and hung up.
Published in Newsback to top
Support for WITF is provided by:
Support for witf is provided by: