Last teen released from hospital after Carlisle class fire

Written by The Associated Press | Nov 30, 2012 7:07 AM

(Carlilse) -- A student hospitalized overnight after a fireball erupted in a midstate eighth grade classroom has been released.

The student was one of seven who needed medical attention after a science experiment went awry Wednesday at Wilson Middle School in Carlisle.

The teen was released from Johns Hopkins Hospital yesterday after undergoing treatment for burns to his face and torso.

Carlisle Fire and Rescue Chief John Heberlig says a preliminary investigation indicates a teacher was igniting rubbing alcohol when the experiment went wrong.

The teacher put out the fire with a classroom extinguisher.

Five students were burned and two others were treated for smoke inhalation.

Published in Carlisle, Cumberland County, News

Tagged under , , , ,

back to top

Post a comment

Give Now

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »

Smart Talk

Real Life Real Issues

Flight 93: Devotion to a quiet field

Grave 43: Remembering Pony

National Edward R. Murrow Awards

DuPont Columbia Awards

Support Local Journalism

Latest News from NPR

Support for WITF is provided by:

Become a WITF sponsor today »