The next two weeks will see five "Economic Development Regional Meetings" across York County - one in each of its designated "planning regions." Legislators for the region will host the gatherings, alongside leaders from the York County Planning Commission and York County Economic Alliance.
Alliance President and CEO Darrell Auterson says says a new promotional initiative billing York County as "America's Industrial Art and Design Capital" will be among the topics.
"Throughout here in downtown York, for example, you can walk up and down Beaver Street and different areas and you see examples of industrial art work," Auterson says. "Things that were made here, or are still being made here, are incorporated into the image of our community."
Auterson says the get-togethers will be hosted by state lawmakers in each of York's five so-called "planning regions." In addition to answering questions about state and local policies and plans, the gatherings also give people a chance to contribute ideas to the county's economic development plan.
Meeting dates and locations are as follows:
• South Eastern Region – September 17 Hosted by Representative Stan Saylor Lower Chanceford Township Building, 4120 Delta Road, Airville, PA 17302
• Greater York Region – September 19 Hosted by Representatives Eugene DePasquale & Keith Gillespie York County 911 Center, 120 Davies Drive, York, PA 17402
• South Western Region – September 25 Hosted by Senator Richard Alloway Penn Township Building, 20 Wayne Avenue, Hanover, PA 17331
• South Central Region – September 26 Hosted by Representative Ron Miller Springfield Township Building, 9211 Susquehanna Trail S, Seven Valleys, PA 17360
• Northern Region – September 27 Hosted by Representatives Seth Grove and Scott Perry Warrington Township Building, 3345 Rosstown Road, Wellsville, PA 17365
The meetings will be from 5:30-7 p.m. and are free and open to the public. There is more information, including registration, on the York County Economic Alliance website or at 717-848-4000.
Support for WITF is provided by:
Support for witf is provided by: