Pushed Around: A Community Forum on Bullying
Thursday, March 28, 2013
witf Public Media Center
4801 Lindle Road, Harrisburg
Hosted by Nell McCormack Abom
Pushed Around is a new witf project that aims to be a convening point in Central Pennsylvania on the topic of bullying.
- 160,000 children miss school every day due to the
fear of attack or intimidation by other students
(National Education Association)
- Up to a third of workers may be the victims of workplace bullying, sometimes triggering a host of stress-related health complications -- hypertension, auto-immune disorders, depression, anxiety and
PTSD (Workplace Bullying Institute)
We invite you to participate as part of our live studio audience in this town hall style forum and, if you would like, share your personal experiences with bullying. witf’s award-winning TV Smart Talk host, Nell McCormack Abom, will moderate the panel of experts for a thoughtful discussion on childhood and teen bullying, cyber bullying and bullying in the workplace.
Our panel of experts will include:
- Dr. Cheryl Dellasega, award winning author of books on bullying and professor at Penn State University College of Medicine
- Marguerite Ferrara, Assistant Director of Education/Community Development at Susan P. Byrnes Health Education Center
- Jesse Gantt, founder of Foundation for Hope, a community outreach program created to raise awareness of harmful realities of bullying
- Dr. Victoria Johnson, Pennsylvania Coordinator, Pennsylvanians for a Healthy Workplace Bill through the Workplace Bullying Institute
- Solomon Krevsky, a lawyer with Clark & Krevsky Attorneys at Law in Harrisburg
- Craig LeCadre, Sr. Supervisory Special Agent for PA Office of Attorney General
- Charles Mazzitti, Chief Financial Officer for Mazzitti & Sullivan Counseling Services, Inc.
- Dr. Stacie Molnar-Main, Ed.D., Strategic Initiatives Manager at Center for Schools and Communities and Center for Safe Schools
Stay tuned. We will be announcing more panelists soon.
The public forum will be recorded and edited for broadcast on witf TV on April 25. The forum is free and open to the public. We also invite children and teens who may benefit from this important conversation.
Audience members are asked to arrive at 6:30 p.m. for a reception.
To reserve your seat, call 1-717-704-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited and RSVP is required by Monday, March 25, 2013.
Follow our complete coverage of bullying online at http://www.witf.org/bullying/. Tell us about your experience with bullying here.
Pushed Around is supported by Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.