As part of our annual Roses Campaign, we asked you to recommend date locations or activities in central Pennsylvania in time for Valentine's Day. Below are the recommendations you posted to our website and Facebook page. A couple of the suggestions are a bit cold for Valentine's Day, but we recommend tucking the ideas away for spring, because there are some great ones in there!
- Leslie Moore Raymond: "Stocks on 2nd in Harrisburg - First date, spectacular date."
- Luna: "I recommend rock climbing at the Climbnasium in Mechanicsburg!"
- Candy DeBerry: "My first official date with the woman who has been my partner for 15+ years was the battlefield at Gettysburg. A picnic under the trees at Barlow's Knoll, a stroll around Little Round Top, and lying on blankets watching the twilight come down at the Virginia monument. (Might be a bit chilly for Feb 14, though.)"
- MaryJane Wertz: "Happy Hour at Bricco's Bar and a movie at the Midtown"
- Christin Joy: "Live stage show at Carlisle Theatre and Performing Arts Center"
- Leslie Moore Raymond: "A fly-fishing date at Allenberry!"
- Kathy Burgoyne: "Any performance at the Strand in York is a treat whether comedy, drama or musical. We also enjoy catching a Sunday matinee in the Capitol theater. There are often great treats to accompany the movie and maybe even a glass of wine."
- Colette Cope: "I could never pick the single best activity or location (there's too much to do!), but I love going kayaking with my fiance on the Yellow Breeches and Conodoguinet. It's too cold for Valentine's Day but keep it in mind for the spring. There are a countless number of beautiful hiking and camping locations all around us too!"
- Dan: "I met my wife at Longwood Gardens no better place to start a lifetime."
Do you have any more ideas? Post your suggested activity or location in the comments below. Don't forget to share this post with your friends on Facebook or Twitter so that we can get as many ideas as possible!
And don't forget to order roses for your loved one. There's no better way to kick off any date than with a beautiful bouquet. During our roses campaign your can offer financial support for witf and send flowers to your loved one all at the same time!